03 December 2009

Technology and Me: A wired loved story...

Happy Holidays!!
From one of your favorite bloggers :) 


So, I've realized that the older you get, you still have toys. I've moved from Pottery Wheels and Game Boy to Electronics. During Thanksgiving week, I used some of my own advice (see the Black Friday post) and took advantage of those holiday sales. Here's how I faired.

#1. I acquired a netbook.

I like it actually. Its so cute and little. It reminds me of the Little Engine That Could, except mine has no problem performing. I purchased a cute little Gateway netbook that has a 10 inch screen. I've actually gotten used to the screen, it's comfy. Windows 7 is very nice, but Microsoft played me...netbooks come with the "Starter Edition" which means you have to pay $80 for the full Windows 7 experience.

I can't change my desktop background, for example...shame on you Microsoft!

#2. I have the cell phone of my technological dreams...

Introducing the Samsung Moment....cue the epic/superhero music! I use A LOT of Google products so this phone is a wonderful compliment. I can finally check my business email on the go (this was not an option on my Centro) and with the click of ONE button! The only downsides I have experienced are (1) the 5.5hr battery life (compared to my 8-12hr centro battery) and (2) it synced my phone contacts AND my Google contacts.

I had 870 contacts...sad times.

#3 I joined Twitter!

Honestly, I was staunchly against it. I didn't want to follow the trend, but, it's a great marketing tool and I can Twitter from anywhere! I thought my friends would judge me for joining, but come to find out, they were all hiding out on Twitter!!

And realized I am not as internet savvy as I always believed myself to be. It took me two days to figure out how to use Twitter.

So, FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/LaurenOrganizes

Other than that, business is off to a great start. I'll have a post VERY soon about the website launch! And I booked two clients over Thanksgiving Weekend. Oh Joy!

One last thing, I would love for YOU to get involved in the organizing movement! ANY questions you may have about organizing, contact me and I will write about them! No problem is too small or too big!

Until next time...


© BeSpoken Spaces 2009

1 comment: