11 November 2009

Logo Loco

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am not the most patient one in the bunch. Actually, I'm only patient when sleep...shame. I started a business, BeSpoken Spaces (yay!), and things are off to a slow, steady, and positive start, but my question is....WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CREATE A LOGO?!

Geez! Did McDonalds have this issue coming up with the Golden Arches? Was it a regular ole, "M" before?

I don't know, but I'm not enjoying this process. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely enjoying my permanent venture into entrepreneurship, but some things I wish would happen a little faster. In my mind, no logo = crappy business cards and crappy print material = bad business. And I know everyone doesn't rationalize the way I do, but I pass judgment on a crappy business card just like straight hair that needs a trim...not good.

But through it all, "mature" Lauren peeks out after "teenage" Lauren throws a fit.

Here's what I've realized: yes, it takes time to create a logo (or have one created), but in the grand scheme of things, I want one that I won't hate next year. I want a design that speaks to the integrity, quality, and value of the company, and what we stand for. And that is worth the wait.

I will order some better business cards this week and believe God that everything will happen at the right time.

So until then...does anyone know some good graphic designers?

**UPDATE** I wrote first part a couple days ago, but after working with a few designers and receiving designs that weren't quite what I am looking for, I began to tinker around with MS Word, to make a few visual guidelines...and now I'm thinking about getting my hands on a copy of Photoshop!  :) 

Yesterday's lesson was patience, today's lesson is: tap into your OWN pool of talent. You never know until you try. I learned that in elementary school, but the lesson is revisited annually. Granted, I'm not interested in designing other people's logos, but if I design my own, I get what I want, get it for free, and discover a new talent. And WHO doesn't love that??

I'm still accepting designs, but I will also try it out myself. Wish me luck, and I will be sure to post the finished product!

© BeSpoken Spaces 2009 

3 comments:

  1. YAYYY, you go sister. OMG I'm so proud of you. Opps can I get mushy on blogs? Anywho design on!! Let me work on getting you photoshop ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will come up with something. You are a very intelligent and multi-talented person. I'm with Cicely.....I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work. I want to be like you when I grow up...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When looking to print your business cards, I have had great success with overnightprints.com for the rounded corner, double-sided cards I designed.

    ReplyDelete