16 November 2009

Purse Wars

For most women, one of our favorite past times (as grueling as it may be) is accessorizing. And our two favorite things are...Shoes and Purses of course! Granted, I don't have an extensive arsenal of handbags, but I've realized this: the bigger the purse, the more trash it amasses. As a matter of fact, one of my close friends had a handbag clutch INSIDE her hobo, and YES, I laughed.


She knows it, and she loves me anyway.  :)

Keeping your handbag organized not only keeps your bag clean, it also increases safety. Did you know that most women who get robbed or harassed are distracted? Looking for keys, talking on the phone, and/or rummaging in your purse can decrease your alterness and makes you a desirable target. So let's get organized!

TIPS:
1. Going to a party? Keep it simple! : Identification, Cash/Card, Lipstick, Cellphone (if necessary), keys (if you drove/did not valet), ponytail holder or bobby pins (if you love to dance...hard), and gum/mints (let's stay fresh!). And yes, all of that can fit in a clutch!

2. Monday - Friday Purse Power! : Instead of having items willy nilly in my purse, I use small makeup bags (great idea for those Clinique Bonus bags) to separate items. On a normal day I carry: (1) checkbook wallet, (2) cell phone, (3) planner, (4) cell phone charger (i refuse to buy a car charger for my horrible phone), and (5) keys. In a small cosmetic bag, I carry: (1) lipgloss/lipstick/lip balm, (2) gum/mints, (3) hand sanitizer (watch out for H1N1), (4) hand conditioner, (5) compact mirror, and any other small thing I need (like eye drops if I'm wearing contacts). This makes it easier to change between purses and minimize missing objects.

3. Keep pertinent objects where you can get to them quickly. : That's what the inside zipper pockets are made for. Utilize them!

4. Good things come in small packages. : A 32 oz jar of lotion has no place in your purse! Travel size toiletries are a great solution for your handbag. To make this solution more economical, I purchased an empty container and filled it with shea butter so I can condition my hands and any other rough spots on the go.

5. Clean Sweep: When changing handbags, dump out the trash! Receipts, coupons, candy wrappers, and other waste should be removed ASAP. Why keep trash in your Louis (Vuitton) bag?

Keep your nice purses clean and they'll happily carry you through life!

~Lauren
© BeSpoken Spaces 2009 

3 comments:

  1. 1. Very helpful
    2. Sweet pic. some of my favorite ladies :)
    3. I guess if I start this organizing in my bagS of life maybe people wont be so worried about when i have kids and need to carry even more stuff lol thanks
    4.Hey Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavy purses can also cause shoulder and bag problems. Great advice as usual. I just love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Za! Yes, we are afraid of WHAT you will carry after you have children.

    Shonnie, you are right! Heavy bags DO cause shoulder, back, and alignment problems. I walked kind of crooked after carrying a heavy tote bag around campus for a year. not good.

    ReplyDelete